In this episode I sat down with my husband Christian to discuss Gaming. He also gives his advise to those looking to connect and understanding gaming.
In this episode I sat down with Tramaine of Charelee’s cure foundation to talk about her daughter Char’lee and her foundation which focuses on caring for the caretaker
Also if you are in th New Orleans area – join Tramaine & Char’lee for Char’lee’s Prayer for her surgery (surgery on March 17th)
Prayer on March 13th at 6pm – 7pm CST
Sovereign Hope Apostolic Fellowship
9301 Chef Menteur Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70127
Detailed bio at www.lloyddennis.com
In this episode I sat down with my close family friend Lloyd Dennis known throughout New Orleans as “The Love Doctor”. Listen to his advise on Love, Life & everything in between
- The Love Doctor
- How it started
- Learned what not to do in relationship – from parents
- Modeled their marriage after Monique’s Grandparents’ relationship
- Started a relationship column in the local paper
- Advice from the Love Doctor (Life, Love & Everything in between)
- Planning can be disappointing; live with principles, have purpose & keep moving
- Don’t stress about What if – stay open for what may come
- The relationship is a thing
- Takes time to invest in it
- You have to fan the flames – have to be intentional
- Don’t argue about whose right – instead try to figure out what’s right for you as a couple to do
- Compromise & cooperate
- Treat everyone with respect regardless of their part of life
- Be careful & respectful with your words
- Only 2 words you use to treat others – “Sir” or “Ma’am”
- Communicate what you need from your partner
- So much involved in but non-verbal communication
- How it started
The Victory Podcast will be running the Crescent City Classic this year.
This year the charity I will be fundraising for is Team Gleason Team Gleason supports ALS.
My great-aunt Diane died battling ALS so I especially will be running in her honor.
Find out more on this special fundraising page. Goal is $250 – Lets see if we can crush it!!!! #ALS #CrescentCityClassic #TeamGleason
In Episode 5, I sat down and talked career triumphs with Carolyn Kiel & Christine Alexis
Carolyn Kiel is a Learning & Development Leader specializing in Change Management, Talent Management & Culture. Carolyn Kiel is also the host of Beyond 6 seconds Podcast. Carolyn and I chatted about making a career change and her tips on starting a podcast.
Christine Alexis is a Social Media Manager at DB Schenker- Americas Region. Christine and I have known each other since childhood. We both attended the same high school (more on that in the interview). We chat a bit about what a Social Media Manager entails. Christine also talks a bit about overcoming a speech impediment.
Other Episode References:
Joe Biden Stutter Profile
Florida State University & Relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida
Episode take home messages:
- Always Network (on-line & offline) – letting people know what you do
- Know your value proposition – What are your strength
- Create content that shows your abilities – start small with friends
- Visualize your expected future
A quick little Mini episode from my interview with Oliver Thomas of WBOK New Orleans
Check him out on WBOK1230am.com
In Part 2 of Episode 4, I share more about me!! In this episode I talk about my time spent living abroad.
Prayer of Jabez
1Chronicles 4:10 NIV
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.
Other Bible Verses Referenced
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Romans 8:28 NKJV
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) –info
Take Home Messages:
Be open with God’s Plan – His plan is always the best
Try to find your tribe – helps when things get tough
Stay flexible to change
In this episode I talk a bit about myself. I want you the listeners to know a bit more about me the host. In this first part I talk about my Hurricane Katrina Story.
Tips on Emergency Planning
How the New Orleans Saints revived New Orleans (this is my uncle in this video)
This is my interview with friend & fellow podcaster Vanda of “The Tight Ends Podcast”. Enjoy!!
Where to find more on Vanda & Tight Ends Podcast
Vanda’s Tips on Managing Depression
- Start with your family doctor – Getting the help you need and be honest
- You don’t have to cure this
- Talk to yourself as you would a friend – you are not a failure
- Managing your SENSS (S – Sleep; E – Exercise; N – Nutrition; S – Social support; S – Service to others – helps to break from focusing for yourself)
- Don’t Wait until your in the pit; Check in with those close to you – are there signs your headed down to the pit?
Running with mindfulness https://www.amazon.com/Running-Mindfulness-Dynamic-Low-mood-Depression/dp/0735219796
Out of the Blue: A Practical Guide to Overcoming & Preventing Depression by Adrienne Green
Feeling Good by Dr. David Burns