On this episode I sat down with former corporate executive & my father, Troy Henry. We talked about his ascent in “Corporate America” and ultimately becoming an entrepreneur.
Intro – Welcome Mr. Troy Henry
– A little about Troy & how we know each other.
- Troy’s educational & professional background; how did he get into corporate world.
- How was it climbing the corporate ladder as an African American in the 80s & 90s?
- What made Troy leave the corporate world and branch out on his own?
- What challenges do you face as an entrepreneur/ business owner (especially as an African American)?
- Tips for others starting out as an entrepreneur.
- Make sure your skills are tight!
- Have the financial backing to weather the early days of starting out (save up)
- You can’t microwave wine.
- Have a plan (Business Plan)
- Consider acquisition or mimic vs or start up.
Outro – any upcoming projects or things to promote for Troy.