Outline for interview
-Welcome to the podcast
Intro Judge Brown – a little about yourself
– how we know each other
- A little about yourself
- How you became a judge
- Tips for others
- Dream bigger – listen to God’s calling for you
- Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean you can’t be it – Don’t limit yourself by what is around you.
- Don’t be afraid to be different!
- Do what you have to do now so you can do what you want to do later
- Get ready for the things you want to do – learn what you will need
- Thoughts on cases in recent history involving police shootings (especially of unarmed black persons)?; Does it hit a bit different being a part of the justice system and a black woman?
- What do you see as the role of judges and the justice system in tackling injustices like this
- What is role for judges to tackle unconscious bias (Shelyna’s work in this area)
Sheylna’s forthcoming book – Preside
- The idea of stewarding/presiding over your own life
How people can reach you & stay tuned to keep and eye out for the book